Apple coleslawSep 01, 2018 01:52AM ● By Michelle De La Cerda
[checklist-box title="Ingredients" extraTitle="" extraUrl=""]
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup white onion; finely diced
- 2 red apples (gala or fuji)[/checklist-box]
InstructionsIn a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seeds, and salt.
Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
Remove from the heat and add the oil.
Cool until just warm to the touch, about 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, jar, or zip-seal bag, combine the cabbage, onion, apple, and carrot; mix well.
Pour the warm dressing over the cabbage mixture.
Cover and marinate for 8 hours, refrigerated, or up to three days.