Smoked Bacon Pork AlfredoApr 06, 2018 04:14AM ● By BEACON Senior News
Recipe courtesy of Smithfield
Prep time: 8 minutes • Cook time: 22 minutes • Servings: 6-8
[checklist-box title="Ingredients" extraTitle="" extraUrl=""]
- 1 Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 3 finely chopped green onion (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Cut pork loin into 1/2-inch thick slices then into 1/4-inch wide strips. In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Stir-fry half the pork loin 7-8 minutes until well browned. Set aside on separate plate and repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining pork.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil; add mushrooms and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Cook 3 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta and return to pot; stir in pork, mushrooms and Alfredo sauce. Stir over medium heat about 4 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with green onions and Parmesan cheese, if desired.