March is Write a Will Month: Free seminars make it easy to plan for somedayFeb 28, 2018 02:50AM ● By Guest
Why do so many of us postpone or completely avoid doing this until it’s too late?
Denial, for one thing. “Yeah, I know, I’ll die someday. Can we talk about something else now?”
Confusion is another reason. “I want to do my will, but I have no idea how or where to start.”
No worries! March is Write a Will month in Mesa County, which means you’ll find free community sessions to give you guidance for planning your someday with confidence and peace of mind.
Gregg Kampf of Hoskin Farina & Kampf, Marsha Harbert of Two Rivers Trust Company, and Erica Eng of Community Hospital will present information and insights into the world of wills and planned giving, with time for questions.
A variety of topics will include:
- Do I really need a will?
- Is the process difficult or expensive?
- What about living wills and health care directives?
- How can I be sure that my kids, family and pets will be taken care of after I’m gone?
- Should I designate a power of attorney?
- Do I need help with all of this or can I do it myself?
- How do I leave money to my favorite charity?
- Can I leave a legacy that reflects my values?
- How do I keep the government from taking my money?
- What is a trust?
Space is limited. Register today!Registration is required.
These free sessions will be held in the Mesa County Central Library Community Room, 443 N. Sixth St. in Grand Junction. Register online for your preferred session at mesacountylibraries.org/events or call 243-4442.
Monday, March 5, 10:30 a.m. to noon Monday, March 12, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Thursday, March 22, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.